Wednesday, May 9, 2012

If it worked for Casanova...

This might not hold much interest beyond some old school friends reading this blog, but flicking through channels this morning I stumbled on a CNN documentary about oyster-harvesting off the coast of Namibia... Featuring my old boarding house master (and quasi John Travolta lookalike), Jason Burgess.





















Apart from a bit of nostalgia for me (Great House, Mason House!), this is a nice summary of the challenges and opportunities provided by mariculture and aquaculture. At a broader level, if offers some real-life insight into establishing a sustainable business venture in the more remote parts of the world.

The programme continues below the fold (although I must express my displeasure surprise that the oysters were consumed sans Tabasco):


No comments:

Post a Comment

No anonymous comments please. (Pseudonyms are fine.)